|John||Date: Tuesday, 2012-03-27, 11:10 PM | Message # 1|
|How to configure Globe Tatoo prepaid |
Normally using a Globe Visibility 3g device is as simple as plugging it into the USB port and waiting for a few moments for the system to automatically connect to the internet. If you're using a Globe Tatoo prepaid device you will need to modify the modem to use a different APN. Here's how:
1. Plugin the Globe Tatoo device and wait for the KPPP Internet Dial-up Tool to launch.
2. Click the Close button when prompted with an error.
3. Click the Configure button and then the Modems tab.
4. Select "modem" and click the Edit button.
5. Select the Modem tab and click the Modem Commands button.
6. In the Initialization string 2: box type in: AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","http.globe.com.ph",,0,0
7. Click the Ok button to close the open windows.
8. On the Main KPPP window click the Connect button start the internet connection.
You also need to use the following details to login via KPPP:
While you know yourself --- It is necessary for other to know you
When no one knows you --- All you know about yourself is nothing